Contemplating Taking the Test

Well, the other night at Jacob's basketball practice I sat and answered all the sample questions in the study guide provided on line for this test I was talking about the other day. I came out with about 71% correct (out of about 30 questions). I thought was pretty good considering that I have never studied anything about English Language Learners, and largely had no idea what they were talking about.


Of course, that was only the multiple choice questions. The other half of it is written answers. Regardless, I think I'm going to take a chance on taking it without the expensive prep courses. I'm going to order the fancy "Crosscultural, Language, and Academic Development Handbook: A Complete K-12 Reference Guide" on Amazon, and the "CTEL Exam Flashcard Secrets" (also from Amazon), and go forth to study on my own.

I figure the worst that can happen is that I can fail it and have to take it again. The best that can happen is that I will pass it with flying colors, and Jason be so grateful that I saved us $800 that he will give me that money instead!

Well, I can wish...

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP