"Work Before Fun" Update

Well, I have been working on my "non-resolution" of "Work Before Fun" this week.  I suppose it's going pretty well, but I'm finding that at the moment it's seriously cutting into my fun time.  Perhaps even more bothersome than that is the fact that since it is not at all my nature to keep on top of things, I have to make myself conscious of doing just that for most of the day.    However, during the few times in my adult life that I kept to a schedule of consistently cleaning and picking up, I found that the more you do it, the less time it takes (and the easier it gets).  So, I'm holding out for those "quicker and easier" days that are surely over the Work Horizon.

I have found that it does threaten to cut into my blogging time.   I usually blog earlier in the day, and all of this chore business gets in the way.  Then the rest of the day just takes off with running here and there, etc...then the day is suddenly over.  However, while sweeping the floor this morning (today is "Clean All Floors" day) I decided that I might just have to put blogging into the "Work" category of things.  I can just pretend that I'm a real writer that needs to keep up a words-per-day quota...yeah, that sounds good.

In that light, I will go now go back to cleaning the floors, feeling not at all guilty that I slipped away and wrote this with the job still undone.

Now, if I could only justify some other fun things as "work"...

Jason Locke  – (14 January 2010 at 10:34)  

The house really does look great. You're spurring me on to take care of my own piles. I actually feel some motivation!

Rob  – (14 January 2010 at 11:20)  

So can I be a professional cyclist?

Barbara  – (14 January 2010 at 13:00)  

You could also count blogging as personal relationships - keeping grandparentals aware of what's going on in your lives. That's important, too.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP