Oh No! Poor Joe.


This is a book about Joe.  It's a book I use during this part of the year to help teach body parts - at least those body parts above the shoulders.  I read the text and the kids fill in the missing body part.  They in general really love it - once they get it.

For example, the first time I read the book this year I started with this page.  I said, "Oh no, poor Joe!  He has no________".  And immediately a voice piped up "moustache!".

Well yes, yes this is true.  He also has no mouth, which I would think would be the greatest of his problems, but I suppose you can never overlook the importance of a moustache.

Sarah  – (8 September 2011 at 08:17)  

Joe makes me think of the movie "Dave." When Dave was being President, he visited a Head Start center, and they were reading the book about Joe. It was the first time I had met Joe, but it has stuck with me all these years. Weird memory. Yes, Joe needs a mouth over a moustache.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP