Back to the Little People

I'm headed back to the Little People today after sitting in a courtroom for two days being considered for a jury.  Despite my appreciation of both the defendant's right to trial by jury as well as my civic responsibility to serve on a jury, I am very glad I was released.  First of all due to the nature of the charges (murder of an infant), and second of all because the trial was expected to last three weeks.  Three weeks would be a long time to be away from the Little People.  Plus, I feel completely wasted after two days of paying close attention to all of the questions they were asking us (plus a weekend of thinking about it) - I can't imagine three weeks of such responsibility.

So today I'm back to paint and playground and Friendly Spiders - and a renewed appreciation of what I get to do every day.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP