The Stress-O-Meter

This morning I was thinking about what to write on the blog, and it occurred to me that it would be handy for someone to make a "Stress-O-Meter" gadget that I could put here. It would have a little gauge that I could move to indicate how much stress I'm feeling about the move on any given day.


I haven't really been too stressed, actually. Well, until this week. It's funny, because I was talking to my mom on the phone Tuesday night and she asked if I was stressed and I said, "No, no - all is well." But then Jason came home after that and announced how stressed he was feeling that we were going to have to spend so much to have a moving company move our things for us. (It was going to cost approximately $9600 for this service, and they weren't even going to pack or unpack anything for us). This led to several discussions that led to the decision for us to drive a U-Haul across the country.

Okay, so now I'm stressed. No, I'm actually okay with it, because it will save us so much money. I'm just thinking about it as the ultimate road trip. We'll get the biggest U-Haul truck and have decided to pull the Subaru behind it. Then we'll drive the van with the boys and dog in it, and perhaps pull a small trailer behind it. Right now we're talking to a few friends to see if they will ride along with us for driver changes, and then we'll fly them back home.

Fun, huh? As you might imagine, my new moving goal for the week is to figure out how to get rid of as much stuff as possible before our move so we only have to make this mega-cross country trip once.

All in all, I think this would probably put the Stress-O-Meter gauge at a 4 out of a possible 10. Not too bad, really.

Bob  – (13 December 2008 at 07:54)  

Wow. Now I'M stressed, just thinking about it.

Sarah  – (22 December 2008 at 11:22)  

Okay, tell Bob to shush. A) A move is stressful. It's a lot.
B)Wonder how much it is to ship a few boxes of things ahead of you? Probably a lot, too -- but cheaper than another trip cross-country!
C) I didn't have your new blog on my 'reader' so I've missed a lot. I'm VERY proud of all you are getting rid of. I'm kind of due a move or clean-out around here!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP