When Life Gives You Lemons...

Actually, this title of this post should be "When Your Hosts Give You Lemons", because it was the new friends that had us over for dinner last night that gave us these lemons. We had just enjoyed an enjoyable time of dinner and visiting with them, and we going out to look at their nice back patio and pool when I noticed about 4 or 5 recycling-type crates full of lemons on the patio.

"Wow! Look at your lemons!" I exclaimed.

"Yes," our hostess said. "They're from our tree."

Well, of course they're from their tree. Why wouldn't someone have a lemon tree in their yard?

As you can see, I'm still a little in wonder that people have such trees in their yards as lemons, oranges, grapefruit, and even pomegranates. Amazing. These were no small lemons, either. It's hard to see how big these lemons are, but this is the biggest kitchen bowl I have, and some of them in the crates were as big as small pineapples. Seriously.

Our kind hostess gave us a big bag of them to take home with us. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them, but I probably will not make lemonade. So in my case, when our hosts give us lemons, I marvel that they can grow them in their backyard in the first place.

Sarah  – (14 February 2009 at 17:55)  

What about lemon PIE??? Yummmm! Those are BEAUTIFUL!

Bob  – (16 February 2009 at 16:54)  

Ohh. Pie. Lemon Meringue pie.

Jason Locke  – (16 February 2009 at 23:25)  

Julie makes great cakes & pies. Don't think she's ever done merangue (sp?) though.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP