Wednesday

I usually only have one day a week of random thoughts, but I guess there is just a lot of randomness going on around here.

There also might be a stomach bug going around, although we hope it is just contained within one person, and that it leaves quickly. Jericho is the sick one today, waking up at 5:30 with symptoms that Jacob later noted "were like a bad dream".

In house news, we learned yesterday that the loan for our Morgantown house buyers is basically signed and sealed, but just not yet delivered. Meaning that the lending bank has approved their loan to buy our house, but the official papers have not been typed up yet. With that very good news, we are going forth into escrow for the house here. Hurray!

Today is a cloudy and almost cool day here in Fresno. It seems to me to be very unusual weather for this place and time that we now live. Even Jacob commented that the weather was strange. "Like, cool and cloudy - it's like we're in Morgantown."

I caught up on some French Open tennis with Jericho this morning while he experiencing short bouts of recovery on the couch. Then I took a 45-or so minute online survey that goes with my online application to the to one of the local school districts. I'm not sure what the purpose was, but I found it a little stressful. It was one of those where they made a random statement and then you had a mere 20 seconds or so to mark your response to what they said. For example:

What attribute do you value the most in your life?

a. honesty
b. respect
c. I honor all character attributes
d. I don't think one character attributes should be ranked one above the others. I think all character attributes should live in character-attribute harmony.

What are they looking for in this? I sure am glad that my big CTEL test is not this kind of testing, because I just don't get this kind of testing at all, and I don't think I'm very good at it. I'm always trying to guess what they want. In fact, a little-known bit of knowledge about me is that I took one of these tests in the past 10 years as part of an job application to work at a well-known craft/hobby store. Unfortunately I failed it, and they did not want to hire me if I didn't try to take it again. (Alas, this is true. I did not take the test again - largely on principle - and smally on a fear that I was a criminal at heart at would just fail it again). But it had the most weird questions on it, such as:

Mark your repsonse to the following statement:

I have stolen before but I will never do it again.
__strongly agree
__agree
__neutral
__disagree
__strongly disagree

Excuse me, but how are you supposed to answer that? The way I see it, if you strongly agree, you admit to stealing in the past. If you strongly disagree, you say you've stolen but just won't stop. I just don't get it.

Anyway. I digress. I also worked on Chapter 10 in my language book today, entitled "Culturally Responsive Schooling". I still need to finish that before today is over. I suppose that if this book were really helpful to me, it would have a chapter called, "The Correct Form of Test Taking for Tests Filled With Moral and Ethically Ambiguous Questions". Or not.

I'm still digressing, so I think I will go and read.

Tannon  – (3 June 2009 at 17:49)  

Chase came home sick and Zach was thinking about it also. We're all in for the night.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP