More Random Thoughts


1. Today is the day that Jason's mom flies in for a visit. Despite my desire to have most of our rooms here wallpaper-free before her arrival, I am going to have two rooms almost done, and one only barely half-done. I was feeling quite overwhelmed and heavy-laden by the job of getting it all done last night, and as a result was contemplating taking to the couch with a (non-diet) Dr. Pepper and a handful of oreos to watch "The Biggest Loser" to escape the oppression of it all. I'm loving dictionary.com's definition of heavy-laden, by the way:

heav·y-lad·en (hěv'ē-lād'n) adj.
1. Loaded with great weight.
2. Burdened with grievous cares.


However, it suddenly hit me like a lightening bolt: "It's only wallpaper. (Which, by the way, does not fall in the "grievous cares" category.) You don't have to get it done before Carol gets here." In this I consoled myself, embraced a new perspective, and went off to watch tv at peace (minus the Dr. Pepper and Oreos).

2. I was already having a little bit of a challenging day yesterday anyway. Let's just suffice it to say that the day would have gone so much better had I not had that phone call from my son's principal. That's all I'm going to say about that.

3. Finally it is finally a little cooler here. I've seriously been having trouble with all this heat in late September. Of course, this is how my childhood was, growing up in Texas, with warm weather until, say, December 24th, if at all. It's not that I can't handle the heat so much, as much as it is that I'm just mourning fall as I've known it for the past 15 years. Where are the colorful leaves? When can I pull out my sweaters? Where is that crisp feel to the air? How can you look at pumpkins when it's 100 degrees outside? Don't pumpkins melt in those temperatures?

There. I'm over it now.
Picture by CaptPiper (Creative Commons License: Attribution, Non-Commercial)
Open on Flickr

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP