Random Saturday Football Thoughts



Here are some random football thoughts for this Saturday morning:
  • This is week-old news, but I am NOT liking the NFL throwback referee uniforms displayed on the Monday night football game between Oakland and San Diego. I looked for a photo to show these, but the only one I could find was taken from the stands, and thus had the referee ant-sized. Suffice it to say that it brought to mind a collision between a male candy striper (gotta watch those "p"s) and a huge box of nacho cheese powder.
  • Speaking of that Raiders/Chargers game, does anyone agree with me that Raiders fans are a little - scary? I mean, really scary. I didn't have any trouble finding pictures to back this opinion up.
  • It is common knowledge for those who know me that I cheer for certain football teams for strange reasons. For example, I have in the past cheered for the Eagles if I came across them in a game because I think Andy Reid just looks kind of little and cute. I was again recognizing this in me this week watching the Cardinals play. When I see them play, I want them to win because Ken Whisenhunt came from the Steelers, and I cheer for Larry Fitzgerald because he was on the cover of Madden '10 with Troy Polamalu. It's the transitive property all over again.
  • Concerning Fresno State football, it shows that we're still getting adjusted to living here that I can't quite figure out which team in "ours". Last night I was watching Fresno State play Boise State on TV, and thought, "Oh, no - there goes the red team, scoring another touchdown." Then it hit me, "Oh, yeah - we are the red team!"
  • Today the Mountaineers are going to be on TV playing Auburn. We are all quite excited about that. Go Mountaineers! (They're the blue and gold team.)
photo by colorblindPICASO (Creative Commons License: Attribution, Non-Commercial)
Open on Flickr

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP