Wading Into the Lake of Technology

In the interest of improving my blog, I have been wading in the waters of Technology Lake this week. It all started with a quest to find images that I knew were safe to use in the blog. I knew there were some out there that can be used freely, but if only you give credit to the author, and I didn't really know how to do that the right way, either.

So, I searched around and found several good sources for that. I ended up on FlickrStorm, which is a site that allows you to search the "Creative Commons" pictures in Flickr. Not only that, it also gives you all the information you need to use to give the author of the picture proper credit. Of course, I had to find a tutorial to use FlickrStorm, here is a good one for that.

I do have to say that once I went through all that information to find out about this picture process, I was quite determined to just start taking more of my own pictures - and give credit to myself.

After I figured that all out, I decided that I wanted to put my own signature at the end of my blog posts. This came from this post. However, first I needed to make my own digital signature, which I learned to do here. This was the first time that I've used Photoshop to do anything, so I had to look up some instructions for that, too.

As you can see below, I did get my signature on my posts, but I'm not so happy with it. It's not near as bright and cheery as the ones on Kevin and Amanda's blog. Mine is obviously not colorful, a little too big, and not as sharp.

But I'm still going to work on it. After I rest a few days.

Generous Kitchen  – (7 September 2009 at 01:41)  

I actually think your signature looks lovely! Perfect.

Generous Kitchen  – (7 September 2009 at 01:41)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah  – (10 September 2009 at 11:05)  

Putting this on my 'Good Things Out There' blog on Sunday -- even though I am insanely jealous, since I don't have Photoshop (and have already used up my 30 day trial... Bummer).

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP