Getting Grayer By the Minute


Well, I'm afraid that my hair is a lot more gray today than it was yesterday. Of course, so is Jericho's and the dog's. Yesterday afternoon we pried open the selected can of paint for Jericho's room and started in on the job. We'll be removing gray paint from Mocha's fur for quite some time, I'm afraid. Or not, actually, because as I told Jericho last night, "It's always a good idea to pick a color that coordinates with the dog."

At this point, I am about75% done with his room, but I ran out of paint, so I'll have to make another trip to Lowe's here in a little bit. Unfortunately, I don't have the camera to show you the progress, because Jason took the camera to the three-day overnight field trip that he and Jacob are on. At first I was thinking that it was too bad that I couldn't show my rendition of the Loch Ness Monster that I created while I was painting with my beloved paint edger. However, it occurred to me that I could recreate the scene with an old picture and my newly-developed Microsoft Paint skills. Here it is:



Yep, as soon as Jason sees this (after he returns home from the trip) he's going to be thinking, "I have got to get her a job."

I also wanted to add in one other "digitally altered" photo today. Here is another picture from my living room.

In this picture I have circled some mysterious markings on the windows. These are actually the two spots where I started cleaning of the mineral deposit film that coats our front windows. I was at a loss as to how to get them clean when my friend Theresa gave me some special cleaner to try, and voila - it works. Unfortunately, I have only done these two spots, so now it looks like someone with super-cleaning feet left their footprints on our window. (Yes, I really do think this way.) I'm not too bothered about it, because it shows the promise of how clean the windows will be once the rest of the job done - they are marks of great clear-window potential, really.




That being said, I also want to make sure the sprinkler heads are adjusted so that we don't need any more "marks of great clear-window potential" on our windows. You have to scrub really hard to get those mineral deposits off.

Off to Lowe's.

Bob  – (22 October 2009 at 12:23)  

I'm loving the updates. You go girl!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP