And Now for Something Completely Different

After my self-indulgent tirade yesterday, I think I'll move on to something different. I suppose this post goes in the "Things I've Made" category.


This is my fall tree. Well, at the moment it's my fall tree. I think it's supposed to be a jewellery stand, but when I saw it at our local unfinished furniture store, I thought it would be perfect to hang some tags on. So I dug around in my scrapbooking stash and made some fall-ish ones.


This one is my favorite. The black edging ink got a little out of control, but I love the "gems".


A button from Grandma's stash.


This is a Mrs.Grossman leaf sticker that used to be red or brown or something. This is a classic example of what a Sharpie can do for you.




This one is my second-favorite. I just love the sparkly, sequiny things. Perhaps I have some bling in me after all.


Another of Grandma's buttons.


This one is the only real "Halloween" one. It's getting the boot now that I've taken the pictures, and can be replaced by something else more generically fall.

Sarah  – (11 November 2009 at 12:13)  

a)Do I mention EVERY time I'm here that I try really hard not to envy your bloggy signature that I can't make b/c I am photo-shop-less. I think I have some things that would make it work, but I don't have time to figure it out, so busy am I commenting on facebook...

b) This post really made me smile. I needed it today...!

c) So, does the fall tree/ jewelry stand live outside? Because some of those precious things look like they wouldn't stand the weather. Maybe they can stand California weather -- a perk of living where crazy people make arbitrary tests that prevent quality teachers from teaching...

d) The mention of Mrs. Grossman stickers, too, made me smile. It's been a while.

e) Wish you lived closer...

AnneS –   – (11 November 2009 at 17:11)  

I wish your adorable fall jewelry stand tree was here in WV so I could see it in person! It is very awesome. I won't even begin to comment on your post about the teaching situation---it would make me crazier than I already am! Those people are nuts. They just do not realize what an incredible teacher you are. I'm with Sarah---you are too far away.............

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP