Jacob's Room

Finally, here are some pictures of Jacob's room. I kept hesitating to show it, still wanting to do this and that: put up the bulletin board, hang some real curtains. But finally I decided to just show it as it is, and then I can add pictures as I add other things.

Of course, we have to start with the before pics:




Here is a shot of part of the room in all of its wallpapered glory.



This shows the two variations of wallpaper - one for the walls, and one for the ceiling.



I liked to refer to it as the Cave O'Wallpaper.



Here's what it looked like after I took off some of the paper.





Here (drumroll, please) is how it looks today:


Yes, Jacob picked Mountaineer colors (that's the colors of West Virginia University, for all my California friends). At first I was in shock and awe of the color because it was so bright, but then I started setting the room up and now I really like it.



Still on the to-do list: Buy a blue blanket to match.








This sports embroidered piece is something that Jason's grandmother made for him many years ago, and I think it will look just perfect here above the dresser.


These frames are my favorite part of the decorations so far. Most likely it's because I spray painted the frames and they turned out so well! We're going to add old Mountaineer ticket stubs and other things in the frame on the left.



The bulletin board will go in this space above the desk. You can see that only the far end of the room is painted blue. Jacob specifically wanted just the one wall blue. Well, actually that's not true. He also wanted to ceiling blue, but I talked him into white.





Right now I've just got the white primer on the ceiling. I need to go back and add ceiling paint, especially because you can still see wallpaper flowers up there if you look carefully enough.


Here's Mocha enjoying the view from the room. I think she is just as happy as I am that all the paint is gone (for now).

I did find some yellow paint in her tail just yesterday, though.

Rob  – (9 November 2009 at 12:18)  

Jacob - love the room - very cool!!

Barbara  – (9 November 2009 at 14:16)  

Wow! Looks great! You make me think we're really slackers, since we've not ever really painted and decorated.

Anonymous –   – (9 November 2009 at 14:50)  

Once a Mountaineer, always a Mountaineer!!!! I love the room, Jacob! Julie, you did a great job on both of the boy's rooms. I'm impressed! Let's GOOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!!!

AnneS –   – (9 November 2009 at 14:51)  

That last comment was from me guys! Oops! Forgot to type my name!

Bob  – (9 November 2009 at 14:52)  

Mom forgets that we have indeed painted the bedrooms - once. But compared to what you did we really are slackers. Great looking room. Good choice, Jacob.

Unknown  – (10 November 2009 at 06:27)  

OK, I finally figured out what the old room looked like. It looked like a room in a model dollhouse. You know, those wooden dollhouses that you would decorate with real wallpaper and scraps of fabric? Now, it looks like it came out of PBTeen! Good job!

Anonymous –   – (20 November 2009 at 07:40)  

I love Jacob room. I have been so busy I haven't look at your blog in awhile. The room is awesome. I love the picture of Mocha in the window. G

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP