More Than I Ever Imagined

It is no secret that there is a lot of information out there on the Internet. Sometimes, however, you realize how much more there is out there than you thought. Sometimes you go looking for it, and sometimes you just kind of stumble into it.

I did just that a few weeks ago, and found a whole new Internet world out there to watch. It all started when I was working on the lapel flowers that I sold at our holiday boutique:



I had seen some flowers kind of like them in a store, and wanted to replicate them, but couldn't quite figure out how to make them. I sat down at the computer and googled "silk flower tutorial", and found all kinds of interesting instructions on how to make flowers.

Of course, one site led me to other sites, and those to others. Suddenly I had blundered off course from the flowers and didn't know how to get back to the sites whence I had come, but didn't really care. I had unwittingly opened the Pandora's box of the Creative Internet World. Suddenly I was discovering more and more sites with clever people showing how to do wonderfully creative things.
The good news is that I found a veritable plethora of people out there that love creating, crafting and do-it-yourself decoration as much as I do (not to mention spray painting). The bad news is that it gives me more to-do ideas that I could ever begin, much less finish. Plus, I'm beginning to think that I might need a miter saw, along with some other tools.

I think that between now and tomorrow I will take away my "Books Read" column and instead make a blog roll of these other interesting sites.
That way you readers out there that also enjoy creating and fun home projects can discover some new things to do. Or, so you could do as I sometimes do - look and look and look and not do any of them.
Either way, it's a whole new Internet world out there.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP