Rediscovering the Joy of Christmas Vacation

I am rediscovering an the joy of Christmas vacation again. Not the joy of Christmas, mind you (that remains pretty constant for me), but the joy of the vacation part. This appreciation comes after only one week of being back at work, and part time, at that. However, with this first work week falling smack dab in the middle of the holiday season with its accompanying shopping, errands and party preparations, the stretch of two weeks ahead of time off looks just wonderful.

That being said, I would like to report that I think I'm really going to love my new job. As mentioned above, it's a part-time (official hours are 8 - 11:30) position teaching 16 children mostly aged 4 and 5. I have two other adults helping me in the room, and we do things like learn about the seasons and read fun books and sing and make bear cupcakes. As Jericho said when he heard about it, "Mom, it's your dream job!" And it is. The transition part this past week has been a little tricky, but I think once everything smooths out it will be wonderful. What a blessing from God to have this almost fall into my lap.

So during the next two weeks on my time off I'm planning to start looking through my pre-k files, which thankfully I saved. Then I'll start looking through the numerous boxes and books that my mom sent me when she retired (thanks, Mom!). There are books to pick out, and songs to write on big chart paper, and recipes to gather....

Which gives me plenty to fun things to do, actually, while I'm appreciating these two weeks off!

Sarah  – (19 December 2009 at 10:25)  

That IS your dream job!!! It gives me hives to think about, though!

And your china cabinet is causing me to consider doing the same to mine. I just don't know if I'm that brave...

Rob  – (19 December 2009 at 21:30)  

Dream job indeed.

I also work with individuals who act 4 and 5, I just have to do it all day long and we don't get to make bear cupcakes. Thankfully, there is not 16 of them!

We are looking forward to being with you for part of your vacation!!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP