I have to confess that I don't usually respond to comments after my posts most of the time. In my defense, that is mainly because I don't think that I have added the option on the posting page that allows follow up comments to be emailed to the original commenter. (If that makes any sense at all). Plus, I guess I doubt that people who leave comments check back later to see if anyone has commented on their comments.

However, I got these comments after my post earlier today, and I feel compelled to respond:

from Rob (my brother) 5 February 2010 14:30

At least she texted you to let you know everything was OK. At his point - which is still 3 hours later here - I have heard nothing. AND, I spent 15 minutes talking on the phone with her last night. Hmmm......

from Barbara (my mom) 5 February 2010 15:06

Dad was the texter and he said to tell Rob that he got the same text you did at the same time she did.



from Barbara (still my mom) 5 February 2010 15:07


PS There's only 2 hours difference between Texas and California. 3 hours between W. Va and Ca.


And looks like Morgantown is getting slammed with snow right now.



from Bob (my dad) 5 February 2010 15:25

Or possibly Julie's friend Emily in West Virginia got the text.



My response: Okay, first of all, there is a big difference between not knowing at all about your dad's routine medical procedure and getting a cryptic text that hinted that something was wrong. It probably wouldn't have hurt my feelings at all to not hear about it (no offense intended). They're older in years, Rob. They do those type of things often. And then they forget to tell us about them. Ha ha ha.

Second, perhaps Dad was a little loopy after his procedure. There's no telling who he sent that text to - let's just hope he wasn't too...descriptive.

Third: oh, yeah. Twos hours from here to Texas. I always forget that.

Fourth: Why am I SO, SO jealous that they're getting pounded with snow in Morgantown? But I am. I just am.

Fifth: To all the readers of my blog who are _not_ in my family - You can't deny that social media have some good benefits. Not only can my family communicate so readily with each other, you guys get to all read along! If we were still writing letters, you all would have missed out on all of this.

Of course, then again, perhaps you non-family members would have been happier that way...

Rob  – (5 February 2010 at 18:41)  

UPDATE: I repent that my earlier comment said Mom and Dad had not texted me. They say, as they noted in the comments, that they DID text me and told me as much when they called after seeing my original comments. I did not get the text, but certainly am not trying to imply an attempt was not made by saying that. Of course, these I seem to recall it taking dad 3 quarters of a football game to figure out how to text me the score of the first quarter. Of course of course, I am the one getting a new phone because my is messed up! So, it could go either way.

Regardless, I want to recant my earlier comments and say I am glad everyone is doing well, regardless of when I or anyone else found out about it.

Rob  – (5 February 2010 at 18:45)  

Oh yeah:

You do have an email feature on your comments.

Two, Three - whatever it takes.

And hearing everything is ok was probably better than hearing about the process leading up to the procedure. Trust me, it just was!

Bob  – (5 February 2010 at 21:24)  

Loopy? Loopy? I don't remember texting anybody.

Let's just hope I didn't send any pictures along with my text message.

AnneS –   – (6 February 2010 at 08:56)  

Hmmm......I'm beginning to wonder about ALL of you!! Just kidding. Hope all is well with everyone and yes, Julie we are having LOTS of snow and it always makes me think of you. You and the boys would love it!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP