And Jason Didn't Even Blink

Look what I brought home from a rummage sale yesterday:


Yes, a door, and a $15 door at that. It was the first thing that caught my eye while my friend Gay and I were standing outside in line waiting to get in. Yes, this was quite a rummage sale, and lots of people were excited about it. In fact, it was all but impossible to move around once we got inside, and you either had to be very, very aggressive, or very, very patient to actually really get a good look at the tables and tables of things. (One of the other sidewalk waiters reported that there was an actual fight over an item at this same event last year, so I felt lucky that we did not receive or witness any scratching or mauling.) We did stay long enough to buy the door, along with one or two small other things.

To Jason's credit, he didn't even blink an eye when I brought the door home. In fact, once he saw that I backed up to park in the driveway, he just opened up the garage door and helped me unload it. Well, he did say, "It's always bad news when you back up to the driveway," but in a good natured way.

So, what am I going to do with my door? I have no idea. However, I did browse the internet for ideas last night, and came up with a few things. I like the ideas on this site, and this one is my favorite by far.


This picture came from this Unplgged site.  Of course, I don't have room for such a door/desk, but it is pretty.  Plus, it has a great green chair, and that's always a bonus.

There are also some interesting door ideas here.

So, we'll see.  For now it can live happily in the garage, waiting to be turned into something exciting.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP