Monday

Well, this morning I got on some pseudo-work clothes and headed over to the school district office.  ("Pseudo-work" means appropriate for the preschool district office in the summertime.)  I was there to pick up the papers that say I officially have a job with them in the fall!

Well, as official as it can be without signing anything, I suppose.  I have been given a preschool position - a part time job with a class in the afternoons.  At first they offered me a classroom way across town which would make it tricky to get Jacob home from school every afternoon, but now it has changed to something much closer.

As you might imagine, this is great news.  Although I must say that I have been so busy with other things that I haven't thought about it very much since they called me about the position.  But today I toured the area where you can check out classroom unit materials, and learned how to use the super-fun Teacher Work Center, and brought home a copy of the curriculum...and now I'm wrapping my mind around it. 

In fact, just after the office visit I stopped at Target and was buying some materials to use to teach at camp next week.  They were educational-type toys, and the salesclerk asked, "Are you a teacher?".  At first I hesitated, ready to explain the "I'm-really-just-a-sub" thing, but then it hit me, and I just said, "Yes, I am."

And I'm quite excited about it.

Angel  – (13 July 2010 at 05:24)  

Congratulations! It sounds perfect for you.

Sarah  – (13 July 2010 at 11:41)  

Awesome! Love how it worked out to be even closer to home/ Jacob, etc. Sounds perfect!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP