The Pumpkin Patch

Today I took the Little People to the pumpkin patch.  I must admit that I was not terribly interested in planning a Pumpkin Patch trip, but then a parent asked me if we were going, and then I felt like we really should and then...off we went.

It's not that I have anything against the Pumpkin Patches of the world, mind you.  It's just that I usually prefer not to spend several hours at a time in "Constant Vigilance" mode.  It's kind of like being alone for with your newborn for the first time - suddenly you realize how very, very responsible you are for this little person.

So it was with all the Little People today.  We did have a total of 12 adults on the trip including the teachers, so that was a very nice 2:1 ratio.  Still, I just didn't feel like I could count them enough, and could only really relax when everyone was closed up in the bus (if the windows were all closed).

As field trips go, it was very pleasant.  The weather was perfect, and we almost had the whole farm to ourselves.  The kids got to go on a hayride, and they even got to stand up on the wagon when it was moving around, which is like living on the edge for preschoolers.  (Actually, there was no hay involved in the ride at all, which had to be a little confusing for them.  In my opinion, they should have either called it a Wagon Ride, or perhaps just a Hayless Ride, which would have been good practice for their limited understanding of suffixes.)  The kids got to touch and even feed some farm animals, if their parents happened to be chaperoning and had money.  (Note to self:  Bring quarters next year.)  Then they all got to pick a pumpkin out of the patch and take it home.

All in all, very fun.  Very vigilant, but very fun.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP