Leaving the Nest

All yesterday and today I have been working on leaving the nest.  Not the household nest, but the Luke Nest.  (Which at times could also be called the "Cuckoo's Nest", but I will refrain from that self-incriminating title. 

Here is a picture of it:


This is the place in our front living room where I sit and sort and plan out activities for the Luke curriculum.   You can see the blank hollow of carpet where I sit cross-legged right in the middle, papers strewn about me.  Well, actually, I sit cross-legged until my hips or back starts to ache.  then I have to stretch my legs out or find some other position.  Because yes, it's true.  I'm getting old and I just can't sit on the floor like I used to.

If you are one of those neat and tidy creaters, you may be dismayed over the seeming disorder of the Luke Nest.  And now that I think about it, "seeming' is not really the correct word.  It is a Nest O'Disorder, although it is a helpful place because it has all the things I need to get done what I need to do here. 

Let's take a closer look, shall we?


Usually the papers are arranged in marginally neater piles.  And usually the dog is napping on the papers, as well.  When I took this today, I was in the process of filing papers back into the Luke Files and culling out duplicates since I am done with the Luke papers.  Yes, that's right:  done.  All I need to do is have the last weeks of student pages printed out at the church office tomorrow, along with buy some rope licorice from the store, and I will truly be finished with it all.

So, after these many, many weeks, I am leaving the Nest after all. 

Which makes me wonder....I wonder what I should get my hands into next?

Anonymous –   – (30 May 2011 at 18:39)  

I say take a break and take care of yourself! Let's go get pedicures and do some yoga. Or maybe a much needed massage.
Oh and I'm always available to work on mosaics....
;-)
D'Andra

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP