And Then I Said...

And then I said, "Okay, so let me put the DMV in the GPS.  I know basically where it is, but I'm not sure what the cross streets are."

Then Jericho said, while looking at his phone: "I have it right here.  It's on such-and-such street."  (Naming a place way across town that was not at all where I expected to go.)

And that's when we discovered that a)there are several DMV offices where we live, and b)he had made his appointment at a far away one that we could not get to in the time we had allotted to get to the appointment.

So, he had to cancel his appointment via phone and make another one for today at the closer one.  Because the handy iPhone also told us that the non-appointment wait time at the closer one was 1 hour, 5 minutes.

So we will try again today.

But he's still not driving home.


Angel  – (3 April 2012 at 18:34)  

Jonathan has his permit already. The rules in NC are a bit different than I am used to. State mandated Driver's Ed at 14 1/2, then written test and permit at 15. They drive for 6 hours with a professional teacher before they can get the permit. I just wish they would install a brake on my side of the van! He is doing better, but the first few weeks were treacherous. Good luck!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP