Agreed, A Great Book

I have still been feeling a little out of sorts the past few days. Not physically, but just feeling unsure of what to do with myself after the weekend retreat a few days ago. It's like I have felt myself more in the throes of transition this past week than all of our other weeks here so far - kind of unsettled and unsure.


Or, in the words of the main character in my new favorite book, "I can't seem to dredge up any sense of proportion or balance these days, and God knows one cannot write humor without them." Well, I'm not attempting to write any humor like she was, but I definitely agree with the sentiment.

This quote comes from "Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society", which showed up unexpectedly in my mailbox yesterday. My dad had recommended it highly here, and you can see by the comments that I ran right to the computer and reserved it at the library, but then he sent me a copy, and I was delighted to find it in my mailbox.

Now I have read almost half of it, and agree that it really is a wonderful book. It is very clever and well written, in my opinion.

So while I am waiting to find some proportion and balance, I now have something wonderful to read. Thanks, Dad.

Bob  – (6 March 2009 at 15:04)  

Glad you are enjoying it. I was going to tell you that if you had already obtained the library copy, just pass that one on to someone.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP