Looking Forward to a New Week of Wallpaper Removal

Yes, the wallpaper removal marches on. With Jason's mom arriving Wednesday, I have some pretty set goals as to how much I want to get done before then.



Today my goal was to finish taking off the outer layer of the paper in the kitchen. This will leave the thicker underlayer, which has to come off with the spray. As a result, tonight the kitchen was littered with lots of kitchen wallpaper precipitation as I worked to meet that goal:




However, it was dry, like a really powdery snow. Tomorrow the Wallpaper Removal forecast calls for thick, wet precipitation, as the damp, sticky paper comes off. That's when we have to keep peeling wallpaper scraps off of our feet, and cleaning the dog off every so often (although I still think it's better to have the wallpaper stick to you than to stick to the wall).


I did discover more writing under the paper in the kitchen. It's a phone number. I'm hoping that it's for the Wallpaper Removal Help Line, but I'm not holding my breath.




Tomorrow I'm planning to split my time between the underlayer in the kitchen, and working in Jacob's room. I had thought I would make Jacob's room my only Monday goal, but quite frankly, I find his room oppressive. One can only take so much stubborn and completely obstinate wallpaper before one must do something else for awhile.


I'll leave you with some pictures of the (almost) finished kitchen, which includes the really ugly drywall. They should be fine "before" pictures, and that thought will encourage me to forge ahead with the project.

Barbara  – (28 September 2009 at 13:42)  

Hang in there! The kitchen really shows how much you've been working.

AnneS –   – (28 September 2009 at 15:47)  

After seeing all this wallpaper "upclose and in person"
I truly appreciate all your hard work! You are a real trooper(and will probably never wallpaper another thing as long as you live) lol

Unknown  – (28 September 2009 at 16:54)  

It's like watching HGTV in slow motion. Love it!

Jason Locke  – (28 September 2009 at 22:07)  

She's amazing. I, on the other hand, am good with the cordless drill.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP