More After Pictures

Today I have some "after" pictures of the painting I did in the living room. Here is my "before" shot, taken sometime this summer.



Here is the "after" shot that shows the new color. It also shows some changes in furniture, such as the removal of the makeshift ping pong table. As you can see in the current "after" picture, the china hutch is still brown, although I did take the doors off of it in preparation for painting it.



Here is another after shot of the living room:



I'm especially proud of the curtain rods, especially in light of how they looked before. You can see them here and here.



Of course, when I first started making plans for this room, I thought I would buy all new curtains and curtains rods, but do you know how expensive those things are? The curtain rods alone cost as if they were made of some kind of fine metal. As a result, I decided to use that money for other things and spray paint the curtain rods black. I must say that they turned out wonderfully, and then Carol (my mother-in-law) convinced me that we could make these curtains work, and so we did. I have to say that I am very pleased with how it all turned out. Still no pictures hung, but it is improving.

Coming tomorrow: The Mysterious Amoeba-ish Spots on the Living Room Window, and later this week: All the Other things I've Spray Painted Black.

Unknown  – (20 October 2009 at 12:49)  

It just looks so much happier! I'm not in real estate, but I've watched enough HGTV to know you're added value to your house ;).
Love it!

Barbara  – (20 October 2009 at 14:28)  

Wow! It looks great! Love what you did with the curtains, so the room is much lighter -- and the hutch looks good, even that color.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP